Sunday 8 April 2012

Encaustic Art

This week the colour challenge at ' simply less is more' is
Three Shades of Green.

This is what I came up with!




This is my very first attempt at Encaustic Art and I was rather pleased with the result, it isn't perfect but it was great fun to do.


I made the image with two different greens, and attempted to capture grasses and a bird in the painting. I think you might just be able to make the bird out on the close up camera shot.

I layered the image onto green card stock and framed the image with plain white card. I then stamped the sentiment in green (whispers ink).

10 comments:

  1. I agree - it's a great result and I can definitely see the bird.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Vee great techique Encaustic Art, beautiful card.
    A hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a technique I have yet to try, but this looks fabulous for a first attempt!
    Super card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will admit never heard of this technique but your card is brill so will have to look it up in the internet! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just fabulous
    Well done you on the technique, which isn't easy as it looks I suspect
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab first attempt at working with wax.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That's brave ..... your cared ROCKS!

    Happy Easter

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great card Vee, nice to see something different in card making too, well done.Yes I can see that little bird too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi
    Wow fabby card .,,
    Hugs Sylvie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving me a comment, much appreciated !