Sunday 25 March 2012

Green Japanese Plant Card

I cannot get this card to photograph right, the green isn't showing that well and the colour looks altered on the photograph, I have photographed it several times and moved it around a bit to see if the light helps, but it didn't. I have even changed camera settings. The image was stamped in a wonderful shade of green (Anna Griffin), but I can't remember the name of the colour now. I also sponged the image behind in the same shade of green but applied different pressure from top to bottom, but that is hardly showing through on the photograph. I mounted the image on a piece of card to give it a border and this too was sponged with the same green but again, is hardly showing. This was then mounted onto white cardstock and I stamped the sentiment in the same shade of green.

Even though I am not very happy at the way the card has photographed, I will enter it as my 2nd Card for this weeks "Less Is More". My choice of weeks are:

Week 5    Pastels
Week 44  Green
Week 56  Don't Scrap it

12 comments:

  1. I know it's frustrating when the photo doesn't look right but the card still looks stunning to me and I know the Anna Griffin shades are lovely.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is so beautiful Vee,love the soft shade of green and the stamping.... and don't worry about the photo it looks great to me :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ver
    Gorgeous card .......
    Hugs Sylvie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Vee
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just SO beautiful... what a tranquil card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a great card - if we have perfect photos we had a photo studio and not a crafting room :-) [although I have neither a photo studio nor a crafting room ... ]

    don't worry this card looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful Vee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card
    this would also look great on a larger base card, its lovely
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the photo looks great but I know what you mean when the colours don't turn out the same as the actual card.
    It's a gorgeous card, I love the image and the soft sponging effect. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card, love the soft dreamy colours.
    Just checked out your other LIM, beautiful butterflies.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The card looks lovely Vee, even though the colours aren't 'true'. I love the softness of the main panel and the raised layers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. So soft and pretty. Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving me a comment, much appreciated !