Tuesday 20 March 2012

Masked Butterfly Card

Hi friends and fellow bloggers!

 I have had such a hectic weekend, that I haven't made a card for a few days. I went out for the afternoon with my family on Sunday to celebrate Mother's Day at a local Italian restaurant, the food was delicous, so I will definitely sojourn there again.

Then yesterday my daughter took me to Dalton (near the South Lake District, Cumbria) to lay a rose on my mum's grave, it was a sad affair as this is my very first Mother's Day without my mum. The weather was kind for a change, but very chilly up at the cemetery. We all shed a few tears as we kissed the broken angel (the one my grandfather used to lift my mum up to kiss when she was a little girl). We then had a lovely lunch at the Swan Hotel at Newby Bridge, then after feeding the ducks with my granddaughter, we came home fully sated and exhausted.

 So to the business in hand! It is week 59 over at "Less is More" and the challenge is to mask a design. I have never done masking before and as I do not have a large selection of stamps, I was a little lost of what to do for the challenge. So I came up with this. I hope you like it!
I punched out Martha Stewart butterflies and fixed them to watercolour paper, then I randomly splashed watercolour paints onto the paper, after leaving it to dry I cut out the side panel and fixed it to my white base card. I stamped the sentiment from our daily bread designs and added a little butterfly to the corner and finished off with a few pale blue pearls for embellishment.

8 comments:

  1. A clever idea & a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card again Vee & I love that sentiment too, well done :)Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. simple elegance!! lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. For someone who was lost you have certainly found something. This is stunning, the background is super and I love the beading you have used for the body of the masked butterflies. Your sentiment is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have achieved a superb effect with your background, the masked butterflies look fab!
    Great job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really beautiful Vee
    My heart goes out to you, but, I;m glad you had a special day. Precious memories
    Thank you so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mandi, she was a special lady!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful background technique and a very successful card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving me a comment, much appreciated !