Tuesday 27 March 2012

Our Day out in Dalton


The day after Mother's Day, my daughter, myself and my beautiful little granddaughter went to Dalton in Furness to lay a rose on my mum's grave. It was a sad affair, particularly as this was my first mother's day without my wonderful mum. Near to my mums grave is a statue of a very old broken angel that my Grandad used to lift my mum up to kiss when he went to visit my Grandmother's grave...... my mum was only 2 when my Grandmother died. As we were leaving the cemetery, my daughter lifted Emme up to kiss the angel, she kissed it twice, at that moment my eyes swelled up in tears and I imagined I saw my Grandfather picking my mother up to kiss that angel. It was a very poignant moment. I kissed the angel and then we went to cheer ourselves up with a visit to Wax Lyrical to buy some candles and then a late lunch at the Swan Hotel and Spa at Newby Bridge.  We filled ourselves up with a wonderful meal and a drink of hot chocolate that is to die for! After that we went to feed the ducks on the River Leven, Emme had a wonderful time as you can see by the photographs. It was a beautiful way to finish off a very sad morning.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely story Vee, it makes you think of the continuity of life. My own mother died when I was small but was buried in Ireland. I only got to visit her grave when I was grown up with children of my own and it warmed my heart that they decorated her grave with flowers and pebbles.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving me a comment, much appreciated !